PEGI LAUNCHING LOCALISED APP TO INFORM CONSUMERS ABOUT VIDEO GAME RATINGS
The app for Android and iOS is now available in English, Dutch, French and Polish, with more to come.
PEGI is launching a new mobile app on Tuesday 3rd of September, with localised content for a number of countries (Belgium, France, Netherlands, Poland, and UK). The app has been developed by the Video Standards Council, one of the two administrators of the PEGI system. It includes information and access to local consumer websites where parents and players can find information about age ratings and parental control tools, and advice on how to play games safely and responsibly.
The app allows parents and gamers to easily search for video game and app rating information and read up on parental controls for all devices at home or on the move.
With this app the user is able to:
• Search through the PEGI database for up-to-date video game and app rating classifications.
• Filter results by age rating, genre and platform to find your perfect game.
• Read through detailed instructions on how to set up parental controls on a range of devices.
• Tips for families about playing video games together.
• Read detailed descriptions on what the age ratings and the content descriptors mean.
You can find the app available for download here: