All gaming consoles, handheld devices and operating systems for PC and Mac are equipped with parental control systems, allowing parents to protect their children's privacy and online safety according to various parameters. With these control tools, parents can:
- select which games children are allowed to play (based on the PEGI age ratings)
- control and monitor the use of digital purchases
- limit access to internet browsing by applying a filter
- control the amount of time that children can spend playing games
- control the level of online interaction (chat) and exchange of data (text messages, user-generated content)
Smartphones, tablets and streaming
More information, including video guides, can be found on the website of the VSC Rating Board.